The Sports Tipper takes Responsible Gambling seriously and are committed to helping you enjoy gambling as a social, fun activity. The majority of people enjoy gambling responsibly but sometimes it can become a problem.
Suggestions that can help are:
- Setting your limits - speak to your betting provider for more information about how they support this.
- Keep track of the money you spend on gambling - Using a program such as excel or even just an old fashioned notebook & pen to write down what you are actually spending, your winnings and losses.
- Consider only using your own money, not using credit.
- Take breaks - walk away from the screen, the table, the machine etc. Go and enjoy a different activity for a while.
- Don't chase your losses
- Self Exclude - You are entitled to exclude yourself from any online or in person gaming venue. You should also be able to cancel subscriptions and emails from Betting companies. Log In to your account here at The Sports Tipper to cancel your subscription or click at the bottom of any of our emails you have subscribed to to Unsubscribe.
- Ask for help - This may be in the form of calling a Gambling Support line in your State or area or even calling a trusted friend to talk about it.
Counselling and Support is available 24/7 in all states of Australia via Ph: 1800 858 858 or click some of the links below for more information
Australia - www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/
Australia - gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au/
New Zealand - pgf.nz
USA - www.ncpgambling.org
UK - www.gamcare.org.uk
Canada - www.problemgambling.ca
Europe - www.gamblinghelp.org
Sweden - www.gamblingtherapy.org/sv